This course is open for applications.
MA/Postgraduate Diploma/Postgraduate Certificate
MA/PG Dip/PG Cert Animation
About this Course
- Course Code: W92012
- Entry Year: 2018/19
- Award Type: MA/Postgraduate Diploma/Postgraduate Certificate
- Course Name: Animation
- Duration: 15 months
- Campus: City Campus
The full Master's course comprises of 180 credits divided into three 60 credits stages: Postgraduate Certificate, Postgraduate Diploma, and Masters. Students work incrementally through the three stages and must pass all modules at each stage in order to progress to the next.
The course is made up of six modules delivered over three semesters:
- Developing Practice in Animation (30 credits) - You will develop a range of practical craft skills and techniques relevant to the production of animation in a range of different disciplines through a series of short projects supported by practical workshops, life drawing, seminars and lectures.
- Pre-Production for Animation (30 credits) - You will produce relevant pre-production material for a film idea. This involves the refinement and development of ideas along with the creation of the necessary pre-production materials in line with future ambitions. The module culminates in you making a presentation 'pitch' of your proposed film ideas to an invited panel of staff and external representatives from the animation industry.
- Production for Animation (45 credits) - You will produce your film within the context of a production team. This involves the refinement and development of ideas generated during previous modules and the creation of the necessary production materials and footage. This will be undertaken within a discipline appropriate to your stated aims and future ambitions for employment within the industry.
- Professional Practice in Animation 1 (15 credits) - All students are expected to undertake a period of work experience relevant to their particular practice and engage in appropriate live projects that will enhance their employability status. Self-promotion, networking and research into the creative industries are central to this module.
- Post Production for Animation (45 credits) - During this module you are expected to edit and complete the project you have developed and made over the last two semesters, including the compilation and/or creation of any other relevant work that will enhance and complement the project.
- Professional Practice in Animation 2 (15 credits) - An in-depth critical evaluation of your progress on the course and the work completed forms a central part of this module. You will make a presentation of your work to your peer group, tutors, and representatives from industry along with prospective employers. You will also create a show reel, portfolio and other self-promotion material necessary to prepare your work for public screenings, networking events and job interviews.
The University continually enhances our offer by responding to feedback from our students and other stakeholders, ensuring the curriculum is kept up to date and our graduates are equipped with the knowledge and skills they need for the real world. This may result in changes to the course. If changes to your course are approved, we will inform you.